Make this wholesome, quick meal at home tonight. It’s high in fiber, packed with protein and tastes quite comforting and delicious. Enjoy the leftovers as a quick lunch or as tomorrow’s dinner.
Here’s what you need…
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bunch of carrots, chopped
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 bunch of celery
- 1 fennel bulb
- 1.3 lbs lean ground turkey
- 4 cups veggie broth
- 1 (14.5oz) can stewed tomatoes
- 4 ears of corn, kernels sliced off cobb
- 3 Tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- Dash of salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a large skillet heat the olive oil. Add garlic. Add chopped carrots, cover for 5 minutes. Add onions, celery and fennel. Sauté until soft.
- In another skillet cook the ground turkey over medium heat until fully cooked, stirring often. Drain off excess fat.
- Transfer the veggies to large soup pot and add the remaining ingredients, and the cooked turkey. Cover and cook over low heat for 40 minutes. Add extra water as desired.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 274 calories, 6g fat, 480mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate, 10g fiber, and 21g protein.