Here is a simple, wholesome meal that is ready in 30 minutes – perfect for busy weekday dinners. There’s no reason to hit the take-out line when you have this quick and delicious recipe on hand. Eating simple, wholesome meals like this and exercising regularly will get you to your goal weight.Servings: 2
Here’s what you need…
- 1 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 ear of corn, kernels cut from cob
- Handful of asparagus stalks, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 cups baked chicken breast, cut into small cubes
- 1 can of organic black beans, drained and rinsed
- splash of lemon juice
- splash of lime juice
- dash of salt and pepper
- splash of soy sauce
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Cook the quinoa and set aside. Place a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the oil, onion and garlic. Sauté for about 3 minutes. Add the bell peppers, corn and asparagus, cook until the vegetables are tender. Add the chicken and beans, cook for another 10 minutes, adding the rest of the ingredients.
- Place a serving of quinoa on each plate and top it with the vegetable mix.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 293 calories, 5g fat, 32g carbohydrate, 4.6g fiber, and 29.4g protein.
Motivate your friends, family and co-workers! Go ahead and forward this to them to share the fit foody love!