Who doesn’t love pancakes? Here’s a recipe that you can enjoy guilt free. These pancakes are packed with protein and contain omega-3 fatty acid from the flax meal. Omega-3 fatty acids are not manufactured naturally in your body, and thus must come from your diet as they are essential for growth and development. Servings: 2
Here’s what you need…
- 1 egg and 2 egg whites
- 2/3 cup nonfat cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup whole grain cornmeal
- 2 tablespoon whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/3 cup nonfat milk
- 2 tablespoon flax meal
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- Sliced banana *optional*
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Bake on a 350-degree griddle lightly greased with cooking spray. Serve with sliced banana.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 264 calories, 4g fat, 39g carbohydrate, 3g fiber, and 20g protein.
Help me spread the fitness truth… Send this to your friends, family, coworkers, even your enemies. Because they will become your friends in gratitude ;).