I love lists. They’re simple and easy to read through and every now and again you learn something new.
So here is my list of 10 ways to live a healthy life.
- Happiness is a choice – one you can make today and every day.
- Stay connected to the natural world. It will feed your soul.
- Good health isn’t a gift; it’s a habit you can cultivate.
- Think more about what you should eat, and less about what you shouldn’t.
- What you pay attention to will thrive.
- A healthy, fit body is not enough – true fitness engages the mind and body.
- Listen to your intuition; it’s rarely wrong.
- Laugh at yourself. You’re funny.
- Nurture your relationships – including the one with yourself. It’s the real source of your strength.
- It’s never too late to take the first step towards your aspirations.
There are many more that I could add to this list, but these are some of my favorites. What is important is that you read through this and then apply them to your everyday life.
I’ll never forget when I decided to make a big change in my life. At first, it seemed overwhelming and even scary. I didn’t know where to start or what to do.
But then I took the first step. And after that I took a second step. Eventually these steps, these habits, become part of your everyday life and that is what true health is all about.
I never understood people who excel in one area of their life, but fail miserably in others. Entrepreneurs are a great example. They rock their business goals, but often have terrible relationships with their spouse.
Or that guy at the gym that only works out his upper body and never his legs… he’s totally unbalanced and looks a little funny.
So wherever you are in life right now… know that true health starts with balance. I hope one or more of these 10 ways to live a healthy life will stick with you.
Fill out a consultation form to the right to schedule your free 30-minute consultation with me. We’ll work out a plan to reach your goals and ensure that you’re focusing on what matters and leaving the rest of the confusing stuff behind.
About the Author:
Patrick Williams is the owner and Behavior Change Specialist at Fuel Rx Fitness and uses his wealth of experience to help people learn how to live a healthy lifestyle instead of just telling them what is healthy.