Give your taste buds an early summer vacation with this tantalizing combination of parsley, lemon peel, garlic and white wine. Make sure to trim your steak of all visible fat before grilling to enjoy the leanest cut possible. Add a side of steamed veggies and brown rice for a healthy, tasty meal. Yield: 4 servings
Here’s what you need…
- 1 lb. boneless beef top round steak, 3/4 inch thick, trimmed of fat
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon peel
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Heat grill. Lightly sprinkle both sides of steak with salt and pepper. When ready to grill, place steak on gas grill over medium heat or on charcoal grill 4 to 6 inches from medium coals. Cook 8 to 11 minutes until desired doneness, turning once.
- Meanwhile, on rimmed platter or in shallow baking dish, combine remaining ingredients; mix well.
- Place hot grilled steak in sauce mixture. Cut steak diagonally across grain into slices. Coat each slice with sauce mixture before placing on individual plates. Spoon any remaining sauce over steak slices.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals 150 calories, 4g fat, 2g carbohydrates and 24g protein.
Motivate your friends, family and co-workers! Share this link with someone who could use a healthy idea!
I hope you enjoyed this addition of Fit Foody Wednesday :).